How to Activate HSBC Debit Card :
HSBC UK, Holdings Public Limited Company was founded in July 2018, to acknowledge the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Act in 2013. Nowadays, it is listed on the Hong Kong, London, & New York Stock Exchanges.
Presently, HSBC stands among the biggest banking & financial services organizations globally. The organization serves over 40 million customers through their global businesses of Commercial Banking and Worldwide Banking, Wealth and Personal Banking, & Markets. The Bank has a network that operates its business in almost 64 countries & territories in North America and Latin America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
The main focus of the Bank is to open up a world of opportunity. They are in the business to utilize unique capabilities, expertise, breadth & perspectives to open up numerous types of opportunities for their consumers. The organization gathering the people, creating new concepts and capital that can nurture progress, growth, and always help to create a better place to live in this world for all.
Table of Contents
A Guideline for – How to Activate an HSBC (UK) Debit Card:
You will require to Activate your HSBC Debit Card before utilizing it after your new card arrives. Before the activation process begins, you have to make sure & check that you have already registered with a verified mobile number, so that you can utilize it to confirm your online card purchases effectively.
For activating your HSBC Debit Card, please remember to put your signature, on the backside of your Debit Card & then select any one of the following convenient options to activate:
Activate Through Online Banking :
- You can also tap on the link www.hsbc.co.uk/activate
- Now visit the main Debit Card webpage, & simply find your chosen card, and tap on the “Activate Now”
- Then you have to just follow the on-screen guidelines.
Activate Through Phone:
You can easily, and quickly Activate your HSBC Debit Card within few minutes, to do this you need to contact the HSBC Customer Care Service, Automated Line at 0800 -783 -5263, timings are (24 X 7).
All you will need is your HSBC Debit Card details, and provide the answer to few questions simply, about your Personal Details, to finally verify & activate your card.
Activate Through Mobile Application :
- Primarily, you have to download the HSBC Mobile Application.
- Then, by utilizing your biometrics “Log On” to access your HSBC account.
- Now just tap on the “Account” option to select the Debit Card you want to activate.
- Choose the “Manage Cards” link, & check on the card you need to activate, and then tap on the “Activate My Card”
- Review and Re-Check the information displayed on-screen & select the “Confirm” option below to Activate your HSBC Debit Card.
A Guideline for – How to Log On for the HSBC (UK) Debit Card:
If you want to Log In for the HSBC (UK), Debit Card, it is quite simple, you are required to follow the below steps:
- Visit the authoritative website of HSBC (United Kingdom).
- You will find the “Log On” key, on the top right of the landing webpage & click on it.
- Now, here on the “Log On to Online Banking” page, put on your “Username” on the designated field.
- And now by tapping on the “Continue” bar below, follow the on-screen guidelines to get into your account.
Block or Unblock your HSBC Debit Card:
In any circumstances, if you do not find your Debit Card, but you are also not sure that it’s been lost or stolen, you can always place a temporary block on it.
Later on, you can easily unblock it if it turns up. Alternatively, if you do not find it, then report it to HSBC immediately when you are confirmed that it’s been lost or stolen. You can avail of this process 24 hours a day, 7 days a week utilizing the HSBC (UK) Mobile Banking Application or by simply Logging On to the online banking portal.
How to Report a Lost or Stolen HSBC Debit Card:
If your Debit Card has been lost or stolen and HSBC will send you a new one. To Report a Lost or Stolen HSBC Debit Card follow the below steps:
On the Mobile Application:
- Primarily, Log On to the HSBC (UK) Mobile Banking Application.
- Now select your account, & go to the “Manage Cards”
- Then, select the “Report Lost or Stolen Card” option and choose your lost or stolen card or cards from the list and press the “Continue” bar below.
- Next, you have to answer a few questions by tapping the drop-down menus.
- Here, you have to confirm that whether your card or cards have been “Lost or Stolen”.
- Then, you are required to tell us “Where it Happened” and put on the “Date”.
- Lastly, by tapping the “Continue” button below please ensure that the information is correct, along with your residential address, and press the “Confirm”
- Your HSBC Debit Cards have now been canceled & replacements are on their way to your residential address.
Report through HSBC Online Banking:
- You have to “Log On” to HSBC online banking first.
- Now move on to “My Banking”, then click on the “Card Services” option.
- Then you can select “Report Lost or Stolen Card” and follow the on-screen prompt to finish.
Please Note: If you’re not registered for HSBC Mobile or Online Banking, you will require to call the emergency line to Report your Card Lost or Stolen (Call): 0800 -085 -2401 (Within the UK) and +44 -1442 -422 -929 (Outside the UK). Calling timings are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You might be charged if you make the call from outside the UK.
Also Read : How to Activate Wells Fargo Debit Card Online
HSBC Head Office Address:
8, Canada Square,
London, England, United Kingdom
HSBC (UK) Debit Card Enquiries for Existing HSBC Customers (Call): 03457 -404 -404 (From 8:00 to 20:00 Every Day) (For the UK Only) (Text Phone 03457 -125 -563)
HSBC (UK) Debit Card Enquiries for Existing HSBC Customers (Call): +44 -1226 -261 -010 (From 8:00 to 20:00 Every Day) (For Outside the UK Only)
For Non-Existing HSBC Customers (Call): 03456 -040 -626 (From 8:00 to 20:00 Every Day) (For the UK Only)
For Non-Existing HSBC Customers (Call): +44 -1226 -261 -010 (From 8:00 to 20:00 Every Day) (For Outside the UK Only)
HSBC (UK) Online Banking Phone Numbers (Call): 0800 -085 -2401 (Within the UK) And, +44 -1442 -422 -929 (For Outside the UK) (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Report your Card Lost or Stolen (Call): 0800 -085 -2401 (Within the UK) and +44 -1442 -422 -929 (Outside the UK). 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For HSBC Card Transactions, Payments or Scams (Call): 03457 -404 -404 and +44 -1226 -261 -010 (Outside the UK).
HSBC Premier Customers (Call): 03457 -707 -070
Activate HSBC Debit Card Customer Care Service, Automated Line (Call): 0800 -783 -5263 (24 X 7).