Table of Contents
American Express Online Card Activation :
Have you received a new card from American Express recently? If yes, you can set up and activate your new card online in a few simple and easy steps. Online card activation is one of the quickest and most convenient ways of activation as well as the registration for online services to manage your Amex card account. The American Express Online Card Activation Service is available to eligible customers day or night anytime virtually through the internet.
How to Activate American Express Card Online :
The online card activation procedure can be initiated once you are approved for an American Express Credit Card or Debit Card and received the card in the mail. Then, you have to visit the card activation page to provide your card details and set up your Amex Online Account to activate your new card online. Here is a short guide is given below to help you appropriately start the entire procedure.
- Visit the official American Express website at www.americanexpress.com.
- Click on the “My Account” from the top left corner of the homepage.
- Select the “Activate My Card” located in the ‘TOP LINKS’ column from the drop-down list.
- Or, you can directly access the card activation page from this URL, www.americanexpress.com/activate
- Enter the 15-digit Card Number and the 4-digit Card ID from your Amex Credit Card in their fields on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on the “Confirm” button to set up your new card.
The location of your American Express card details may differ depending on your Amex Card type. For having any difficulties locating the required information from the card, take the help of the exemplary image provided on the right-hand side of the page. The instructions on how to activate the card can also be provided with the sticker on the front of your new American Express Card.
After you confirm your card details, you will step into the ‘Set Up’ section to create the login credentials for your American Express Online Account. Finish the account creation and follow the prompts to activate your new American Express credit or debit card. Once activated, the card will be ready to use.
How to Log in to American Express Online Account :
Your American Express Online Account will be established along with your Amex Online Card Activation if you have already not registered for Online Services. Therefore, you can log in to the American Express My Account after the online activation of your card to manage and access all the information about your Amex card. For logging in, you can
- Keep your login information handy and go to the American Express website at www.americanexpress.com
- Click the blue “Log In” from the top right corner of the page to reach the My Account Login portal.
- Entering the designated page, type your User ID and Password created during registration for online services or the activation and set up your card online in their fields.
- Select the “Remember Me” checkbox if you wish to return the portal and access your Amex online account frequently on the device and speed up the login process.
- Click the secure “Log In” button.
Also Read : Capital One Credit Card Activation
How to Recover American Express Account Login Online :
The American Express Online Account members, who lost or forgot their User ID or cannot remember the password, can retrieve or reset the info. And regain their American Express Credit Card Online Account Access by completing the steps listed below.
- Click the “Forgot User ID or Password?” link at the bottom of the ‘Log In to My Account’ box.
- Select between “Forgot User ID” and “Forgot Password” from the top based on which piece of the login information you want to recover.
- Enter your 15-digit American Express Credit Card Number in the first field.
- Next, enter your 4-digit Card ID or CID printed on the front of your card above and to the right of the card number. (See the example on the right-hand side of the page).
- Click the “Continue” button and use the on-screen instruction to reset your password and retrieve the username of your American Express Online Account.
Contact Information :
American Express 24/7 Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-528-4800
PO Box 981535
El Paso, TX 79998-1535